What is the Cascadia Organizers Summit?
The Cascadia Organizers Summit is an online virtual unconference of breakout sessions that focus on building the Cascadia movement every day.
When will it be happening?
Initial breakout sessions will happen April 13-17th, April 20th-24th, and groups will continue to meet as they see fit.
What are the different breakout groups?
Right now, the groups are:
- Artists & Creatives: Let’s make art!
- Bioregionalism Articles: Writing, collecting and sharing articles about bioregionalism.
- Bridging Cascadia: Making sure that Cascadia is relevant for all the communities within Cascadia, including indigenous sovereignty and fighting white supremacy.
- Let’s Map Bioregions: Drawing, tracing, mapping the worlds bioregions and ecoregions.
- Policy / Issues: Focusing on what the government and bioregion of Cascadia should look like, using existing models or creating our own.
- Resilience: Disaster preparedness, mutual aid, gardening, tools, DIY & resources for a more resilient bioregion.
- Secession / Independence: Removing ourselves from our current governments for an independent bioregion.
- Sharing Cascadia: Posters, campaigns in our neighborhoods. Digital & In person ways to spread the movement.
What platforms are you using?
Calls will be made using Zoom to start with. In addition, notes will be recorded via google documents, and sent out via email. Each group will have an email listserv set up for anyone who wants to stay up to date, and also a group in our Cascadia CoCreator network.
I can’t make it, but interested in supporting. What’s the best way to do so?
Sign up for whatever you’re most interested in. We’ll record the sessions and send them out for anyone interested, and add you to the follow up discussions. In addition, if you’d like to financially support this, think about making a donation or becoming a member.